profile

HI, I'M KIM.


archives

December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2008



Thursday, October 12, 2006 @ 4:31 pm
Pie

What does one say about a Chem lecture, an AMath lecture, a (rather-fun-towards-the-end) double period AMath lesson, and an EMath lecture?

Y = mX + c
Variable, constant, straight-line graph.

y = ax² + bx + c
Neutral line, amplitude, period.
Sin, cos, tan.
Tether, pi.

Periods, groups, properties.
Halogens, metals, noble gases.
Reactive, stable, displacement.


Today was actually better than expected.
Much love to friends who never fail to make you smile. :)

Sorry this entry sounds so dead, the drilling from upstairs is giving me a massive headache.

SA2 results not ideal, sadly. I think checking-of-marks day 2 was the best. Yesterday sucked, except for some parts. Ran with Kristyn, there was this huge black insect thing on the track. It made a frightening sound.
___

Read this, they are not lyrics.

If you woke up this morning
with more health than illness,
you are more blessed than the
million who won't survive the week.

If you have never experienced
the danger of battle,
the loneliness of imprisonment,
the agony of torture or
the pangs of starvation,
you are ahead of 20 million people
around the world.

If you attend a church meeting
without fear of harassment,
arrest, torture, or death,
you are more blessed than almost
three billion people in the world.

If you have food in your refrigerator,
clothes on your back, a roof over
your head and a place to sleep,
you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank,
in your wallet, and spare change
in a dish someplace, you are among
the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still married and alive,
you are very rare,
especially in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile
on your face and are truly thankful,
you are blessed because the majority can,
but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them
or even touch them on the shoulder,
you are blessed because you can
offer God's healing touch.

If you can read this message,
you are more blessed than over
two billion people in the world
that cannot read anything at all.

You are so blessed in ways
you may never even know.


To all those people who are disappointed over your results, just wanted to let you know that you're not the only ones, and that this isn't the end of the road, cos' there's still hills and mountains ahead to conquer. Keep going and don't give up, this is just the beginning and there's still time to pull up your socks. May God be with you always! :)


I'm not that transparent stickman, that's just the pizza delivery guy.
He forgot the pizza.

Go listen to "I Can See Clearly Now" by Bob Marley. It never fails to cheer me up, hope it works for you too! :)
___

I dropped my Joy Luck Club into the toilet bowl yesterday. :O
Note to self: Do not keep any more books in the toilet!!!

[Edit 5:38pm] I just went to search for the new SC principal at the website. She looks like quite a decent principal, and I reckon she's fit to take over. Still sad at the fact that Ms Heng is leaving, though. 9 years... Couldn't it have been 10? 9 seems like such an odd number. (Haha yes, pun intended :) )

Heeeeee and before I forget, there's going to be a body talk tomorrow, then SLACKAMANIAAAA! I wanted to go to the Parliament House!!!!!!!! Why don't we get to go, huh huh huh? :(

Anyway, I was reading my old LJ. Hahaha I remember typing out every single post, feels just like yesterday that I was complaining about going for OBS / waiting in anticipation for the Italy trip. *Sigh* The year flew by just like that. Okay now's no time to get nostalgic, some of the JLC pages are stuck together and I need to separate them without tearing them... Carefully, now...